Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Mike Sonko Drivers in Trouble for Blocking Uhuru’s Motorcade

52

Nairobi Governor, Mike Sonko’s recent woes deepened as two of his drivers were charged in court for blocking President Uhuru Kenyatta’s motorcade as he made his way from the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA).

The two, Antony Wangamba and Joseph Njue, on August 29, 2019, are said to have driven their unmarked vehicles into the path of the presidential motorcade. causing it to slow down.

According to the Daily Nation, the two appeared separately before Principal Magistrate Martha Nanzushi of the Nairobi Traffic Court, where they denied the charges, with their respective charge sheets indicating the Nairobi County Government as their physical address.

Kenya's presidential motorcade. Blocking the president's motorcade is considered a serious offence
Kenya’s presidential motorcade. Blocking the president’s motorcade is considered a serious offence

Mr Wangamba’s car was identified as a Toyota Landcruiser J200 with his colleague said to have been driving the latest model of the Lexus LX570, with reports adding that both vehicles did not have number plates.

They were both arrested on the day of the incident, with Wangamba held in custody until his arraignment on September 9, 2016, with Njue held until his recent arraignment.

Both were released on bond, which was set at Ksh 50,000 and Ksh 100,000 for Wangamba and Njue respectively.

However, Sonko’s communications director, Jacob Elkana, denied the information published by the Daily Nation, stating that the incident actually never happened.

On the day of the alleged offences were committed, there had been more drama at JKIA as president Uhurus’s guards reportedly ordered official photographers to delete the pictures they had taken of his arrival.

Sonko’s latest problem comes at a time when he is battling allegations of corruption as well as a litany of issues with the taxman.

He recently came out and stated that he was maintaining a low profile to allow the investigating agencies to carry out their work without any undue interference on his part.

Nairobi Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko said he had chosen to maintain a low profile to allow the EACC officers to conduct investigations without any interference.
Nairobi Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko said he had chosen to maintain a low profile to allow the EACC officers to conduct investigations without any interference.

-Kenyans.co.ke

Comments