- Gabrielle Van Straten and husband left day after she attended opening of Cohen’s will
- The couple’s lawyer clarified they decided to return home for personal reasons
- Many Kenyans initially presumed Gabrielle would stay until her brother is laid to rest
- Meanwhile, widow Saraha Wairimu is in court seeking permission to attend husband’s burial
- Cohen’s internment was scheduled for Monday at the Jewish Cemetery in Nairobi
Sister of late Dutch tycoon Tob Cohen has jetted out of the country even as the family prepares to bury the businessman amid high profile murder probe.
Gabrielle Van Straten and her husband Roy flew out of Kenya on Saturday, September 21, just a day after her brother’s will was opened, and this also meant the couple would not be attending Cohen’s burial slated for Monday.
Confirming the latest development, the family’s lawyer Cliff Ombeta who spoke to Citizen TV on Saturday disclosed the couple had indeed left the country back home in Netherlands.
According to Ombeta, Gabrielle had already exhausted her stay in Kenya and decided to return home to attend to other personal engagements.