Kenyan Lawyer STEVE OGOLLA conned Sh500K by ‘unknown’ Facebook fiancee DORCAS SARKOZY
By Albert Nyakundi Amenya
Renowned Nairobi lawyer Steve ogolla has revealed how he was conned more than Sh500K by a dangerous online swindler who goes by the pseudo name DORCAS SARKOZY.
According to Mr. Ogolla, he met his love Dorcas on Facebook and fell in love with her photos and started engaging ‘her’.
After ‘dating’ for some time, two went ahead and started to plan for a grand wedding.
Reliable sources have told Kenya-today team that Mr. Ogolla being the romantic Luo he is, started showering ‘his fiancee’ with gifts which included Jumbo sums of money.
Sources have also revealed to us that Mr. Steve started doubting his fiancee Dorcas when she hesitated whenever he wanted to meet her. In fact, Steve says the lady requested him to keep their private and she never wanted Steve to mention it even to his close friends and relatives.
She always cautioned him against publishing their ‘relationship’ in Social Media for reasons known to herself. Whenever Mr. Ogolla mentioned their relationship on Facebook, she immediately took him head on and instructed him to pull it down.
At one time Steve composed a powerful poem for her and published it on his social Facebook timeline (it was also published in this blog Read it here) but the lady ordered him to pull it down from both platforms, something that prompted him to start doubting her.
This is the short poem:
Let it be known to you:
That you are the best, above the rest.
The finest among the fairest.
A true daughter of your mother.
And a perfect scion of your father.
You are not just close to my heart.
You are at the inner centre.
Your love is magical and magnetic.
Truly, beyond you, there can be no other.
I love you with all my strength.
And to the last breath.
Grace and Blessings.
Happiness and gladness.
To you, and to us.
After spending a fortune on her, the lady decided to disappear and blocked him all communication channels.
Steve revealed yesterday that the lady conned him in excess of not less than Sh500K in cash, excluding the gifts.
It all started after former Raila Odinga personal Assistant Silas Jakakimba took it to his Facebook wall to ask if anyone knew DORCAS SARKOZY. That is when Lawyer Steve Ogolla opened upand narrated his ordeal.
As a result, Kenyans from every nook and cranny took issue with her and opened up by turning her upside down. Some explained how she conned them while others gave thhe experience of how their friends were swindled by Dorcas.
Facebook Investigators have however alleged that Dorcas is not a woman, but a man who hides under a pen name to pilory and con his victims.
Although a few sympathizers came out openly to defend her, no one confesses to have met ‘her’ in real life.
They only praised her prowess in writing intellectual stuff although others claimed are the works of an American based Kisii man who lives and works in the US. They said the Kisii boy whose name we choose not to mention her, is the one who forwards her the materials that she posts on her timeline.
Others said the beautiful photos she posts as hers on her profile belong to another woman.
Dorcas Sarkozy on her Facebook account responded by refuting those Claims. Here is her response.
“DORKUSPEAKS: CONFIRMING LIFE’S MANY TRUISMS – THANKS TO AN OPEN-ENDED AMBIQUOUS QUESTION.
So someone wakes up one day and poses a supposedly “simple question” on their social media page questioning the being of someone and folks take the bait like some folks take to promises of tenders or promises of bribes.
Come on folks. Really?
Are some of you that gullible and easily duped into concocting (and believing) stories about someone most have NEVER seen and/or met, let alone talked with? Urrghh never mind – don’t even answer that question. Some of the reactions to said question told me all I needed to know.
And NO, I don’t owe anyone anything let alone an answer and/or explanation to WHO I am other than the handful who are near and dear to me. These people know WHO I am – beyond the basic physical being embodied in the silliness of “leta picha” or “ere picha”? – as if seeing my/a picture is proof of my existence.
Aki RAO was right about the genesis of the term “Learned Friend”.
Notwithstanding, the last twenty-four hours have given me material for enough posts to fill up the first quarter of 2020. At a minimum, today has confirmed several age-old adages/truisms:
– A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth can get its boots on – apologies to Mark Twain or was it Winston Churchill? Whoever said that was spot on and the last twenty-four hours have fully illustrated that.
– Haters usually admire their target from afar only to come closer when they THINK said target is wounded or down and today was confirmation of that. People/names I have NEVER seen or heard from in years suddenly popped up on my wall to render their opinion on WHO I am!
Let them enjoy because Lord knows when I’ll next see them.
– Someone offered that misery loves company!
How on point – especially when one considers the principles: A third- (maybe fourth-) tiered political operative; a TV “learned friend” who impresses folks with basic legal constructs that most FB “learned friends” can shred in cross-examination and a woman who for personal reasons, I will “wera kodo”.
These three individuals, and their supporters/sycophants for whatever reason, took the bait, hook, line and sinker and the rest, like they say, is history.
Meanwhile anto a madho chai gi chapat mos mos – pissed but controlled in my anger and consulting with a handful of those who know me; who care for me about the next step/s forward.
– Some of those fables we learnt in nursery remain very instructive to this day. Recall Jean de La Fontaine’s “Le Singe et le Chat” or “The Monkey and the Cat”? In this Aesop’s Fable, the crafty monkey uses the cat’s paw to retrieve hot chestnuts from the smoldering embers only to eat them as soon as the cat has pulled it from the fire – while leaving none for the cat!
MORAL: Some people are easily duped into doing the dirty work of others. Some people benefit from the hard oftentimes dangerous work of others. In the “WHO, is this Dorcas Sarkozy” query, can y’all care to guess who is the chat (cat) and who is the singe (monkey)?
Who has done the work and who is benefiting from said efforts?
– Idle gossip is no longer the sole purview of women; frankly it NEVER was. Humans are voyeurs. They love gore even as they express shock and horror – faux! Some of the comments/exchanges between folks with male-sounding names remind me of the chatter I hear in hair/nail salons!
– The SILENCE of one’s “friends” is more deafening than the loud gossips of non-entities; of enemies.
– If y’all knew the back story AND the principles involved in this saga, you’d fully embrace the adage that “family is more than blood” AND the Swahili expression “Asante Ya Punda ni Mateke”!
Trust me, you would.
Oh, you’d also internalize the Greek construct “Hubris” and the simple “Forgetting where one came from – once they THINK they’ve made it”.
– The proverbial “THEY” will always have something to talk about to wit: Speak on the phone, they’ll want a photo. Show them one, they’ll say its “fake” or comment on your appearance or shoes or toenails and ask for something else!
Acceding to their demands is a slippery slope that rarely ends – well at that.
– I wanted to avoid pulling out the sexist card but I couldn’t resist given some of the comments.
So how do men/women type?
How does one conclude that I “type like a man”? What special skills do they have to make that deduction?
What does that even mean? In short, sexism WAS a part of the last 24-hours.
– Similarly, I cannot discount the issue embodied in the banner “Dorcas Sarkozy this is serious gal or boy..Leave alone that 500K you cant (sic) talk bad about BBI yet hujasoma hata..BBI ni yetu bana”.
So BBI ina wenyewe? If that’s the case then why the eff are we being told to provide feedback or render opinions on it? I’d as soon cut to the chase, cut the pretenses and just implement the damn thing already.
It is not that serious – because regardless of what documents are adopted/implemented – Constitution, TJRC, Ndungu, Ndegwa, BBI, BBD etc. etc., those charged with implementing / enforcing them will be the same folks who’ve created the mess so not much will change.
Oh, it is another Sunday, the LAST Sunday of 2019 and this session of DorKuSpeaks takes in events of the last twenty-four hours – thanks to an eighteen-lettered four-worded grammatically suspect question posted by some one who SHOULD know the power of clarity of thought / of message and that of social media:
“WHO, is Dorcas Sarkozy?”
Simple: Dorcas Sarkozy is a woman who chooses to take this last DorKuSpeaks of 2019 to thank each and every one of you for the fun rollicking times of the past twelve months while also apologizing to anyone her polemics, oftentimes acerbic, may have rubbed the wrong way.
Happy New Year and God Bless You as We Head into 2020.”
Additional Source: Kenya Today