Machakos Governor, Dr. Alfred Mutua, on Tuesday said that he has received several bottles of the concoction apparently being given to patients in Tanzania to treat coronavirus disease.
The governor said that the contents of the bottles are now in the hands of scientists at the Machakos Research Labs where they are being tested to establish their effectiveness against the deadly virus.
“TANZANIAN COVID CURE? I have received bottles of medicine being used in TZ for Covid treatment. I am giving one to the Machakos Research Labs & sending the other to KEMRI so that they can study the contents & if approved, even try it on patients – we save lives,” said Mutua on his Twitter handle on Tuesday, July 28.
Dr. Mutua, who is not a medical doctor by profession, hopes that the cure can be tried on patients to save lives.
Machakos is one of the five counties that have, according to a report by the Daily Nation, has achieved the 300-bed capacity ordered by the national government for the handling of COVID-19 patients.
The other four counties are: Kakamega, Mombasa, Murang’a and Kiambu.
The governor’s announcement came on the same day social media platforms –YouTube, Facebook and Twitter — took down a video made by a group of American doctors claiming that they also have the cure for coronavirus.
ALSO READ : VIDEO :US doctor claims she’s cured COVID-19
This is also in the wake of Madagascar establishing new COVID-19 treatment centers after abandoning hope that their herbal concoction, that had been widely touted by their President Andry Rajoelina, could treat the virus.
“We are inaugurating the CTC-Treatment centre in Mahamasina, which can accommodate 250 patients with severe forms,’’ tweeted Rajoelina on Sunday morning.
Madagascar’s COVID-19 cases have increased several times since the herbal cure was promoted are now nearing 10,000.
Kenya’s Covid-19 caseload, on the other hand, has since aggressively spread hitting nearly 18,000 since the country’s travel ban into and out of major urban areas was lifted.
On Monday, President Uhuru Kenyatta ordered all bars to remain closed until further notice and banned the sale of alcohol in restaurants and eateries.
The Head of State also extended the national curfew for a further 30 days.
Read the Original Article on People Daily