Former Jubilee party secretary-general Raphael Tuju has said that him together with DCI George Kinoti will be forced into exile if Deputy President William Ruto wins the presidency through the August 9 General Election.
Speaking to Weru TV, the former Jubilee Party secretary general revealed his strained relationship with the DP as the main reason for him seeking refuge in exile.
“If Ruto is fighting Kinoti this early what will happen if he wins the elections? I think I and Kinoti will flee to another country.” he said.
He added: “In fact, Kinoti will be forced to go to exile just like Kiraitu Murungi went to exile. I can say this without risk of contradiction,” He added.
The former MP said Kenyans are safe in the country because of the people like DCI Kinoti and his team.
In September last year, Tuju slammed the Deputy President over, among a host of other things, public disclosures about his wealth.
Tuju, in a hard-hitting statement delivered to the media, seemingly took a swipe at the DP over how fast he has managed to grow his wealth within a span of 7 years.
Tuju said the DP in 2015 revealed that he was worth Ksh.100 million, only for it to now emerge, following CS Matiang’i’s revelations, that he could actually be worth a few billions.
“By his own accounts, the deputy president is on video record when he told Kenyans that he was worth Ksh.100 million some time in 2015. In the intervening 7 years, he has worked very hard in his businesses and now therefore he has assets like choppers, hotels, and land worth billions of shillings,” he said.
Tuju said that by reportedly acknowledging ownership of at least 3,600 acres of land, DP Ruto ought to practice the Chinese saying of ‘do not give fish but show somebody how to fish,’ urging him to hence demonstrate to young people the skills necessary to achieve the same feat.
Tuju also accused DP Ruto of blackmailing the President Uhuru Kenyatta-led government between 2013 to 2017 for his own selfish reasons.
According to the Jubilee Secretary General, President Kenyatta has however managed to stay tolerant and accommodative of the DP despite all this alleged blackmail, instead focusing on his development agenda.
On Sunday, 24th July 2022, Ruto launched a scathing attack on DCI boss George Kinoti whom he accused of interfering with the work of the IEBC.
Ruto said Kinoti should let the electoral commission handle matters regarding the forthcoming polls.
He further accused Kinoti of not delivering on his mandate saying the DCI boss prefers to prosecute his job in the media.
“Save your time, stop writing long letters to us. Leave matters of elections to IEBC because you have no business running an election,” he said.
“You have failed as DCI. We do not want you to fail us in this elections. Stop annoying us and let IEBC do their work. Yours is criminal investigations but you have never done anything. Wait for August when you will go home,” he added.